We're excited about Youth Council's Second Annual Artivism Program that begins next Tuesday on June 21!
This year's Artivism will be taught by an amazing visual artist, Lorain Khalil Rihan. See her amazing work and learn more about Lorain by visiting her website.
If you're on the fence about signing up, there are so many reasons why you should join! Here are a few fun reasons:
- Create and learn about art
- An opportunity to exhibit completed artwork projects in a community setting
- 2-4 field trips to learn about art
- Balboa Park annual pass (which means you'll have access to museums for a year!)
- Meet new friends
- Certificate of completion
- Community service hours
- Recommendation letters
- Lasting memories
Artivism is FREE and no art experience is needed.
The summer program will have two sessions:
- Session 1: June 21 - July 8 (3 weeks)
- Session 2: July 11 - July 29 (3 weeks)
DAY: Tuesday - Friday
TIME: 2 pm to 5 pm
LOCATION: Hoover High School, 4474 El Cajon Blvd, San Diego, CA 92115
Students can join the 1st session, 2nd session, or both sessions!
Click here to sign up:
This program is geared for high school youth ages 13-18 and is also open to students who will be enrolled in San Diego Unified School District in the Fall 2022.
Ensuring access to Artivism for Mid-City CAN means that students who live or go to school outside of San Diego school district are able to benefit from this program as well. Due to a generous donation, Mid-City CAN will be accepting students who live outside of San Diego Unified district boundary lines.