Help Mid-City CAN create lasting change in City Heights and the greater San Diego area! Tuesday, November 29th, is Giving Tuesday, a global movement created to inspire individuals to give back. Giving Tuesday is a great opportunity to support the ongoing programs at Mid-City CAN designed to bring social justice and equity to City Heights and beyond while helping grow and support youth leaders and advocates in our community.
We've made great strides in our campaigns thanks to your help. Some highlights in 2022:
- After almost 11 years of advocacy by our Transportation Justice ITCH team, the Youth Opportunity Pass (YOP) pilot program began on May 2022 providing no-cost public transit to youth 18 years old and under.
- A four-year campaign by Youth Council helped established a Commission on Police Practices that will ensure transparency and accountability when abuses of police power occur.
- Provided an Artivism (arts and activism) program in the summer that was attended by 42 students from 16 schools.
- Civic Engagement team educated residents in City Heights about the importance of voting through door knocking, phone calls, and voter engagement events such as “Boba and Ballot” at Café X.
- Civic Engagement team held their first "Health, Pride and Resiliency" event in City Heights to improve the health disparities that the QTIPGM community (Queer, Trans, Intersex, People of the Global Majority) encounter and provide resources from Community Based Organizations to mitigate those disparities.
Together, we're excited about what we'll accomplish for the community in 2023! We ask that you consider donating to Mid-City CAN to help us continue to bring social justice and equity in our community! Our Giving Tuesday campaign will begin on November 19 and end on December 6 with a goal of raising $5,000. We'll have a 10-day countdown on our social media channels starting on November 19 to highlight some of the work of our Momentum Teams.
Thank you for your support! You can donate by clicking the donation button below: