Mark your calendars: Giving Tuesday will be held on November 28!
Please consider a gift to Mid-City CAN to support our advocacy work that brings social justice and equity to City Heights and beyond while helping grow and support youth leaders and advocates in our community!
Giving Tuesday is a global movement created to inspire individuals to give back and be involved in creating a healthy community.
Our campaigns are led by community members and funded by community members.
For over 30 years Mid-City CAN's campaigns have made an impact in the community. We'd love to share some of the highlights that we accomplished in 2023:
- Continued advocacy for the Youth Opportunity Pass (YOP) program by our Improving Transportation in City Heights (ITCH) team resulted in YOP extended for two more years!
- Youth Council's campaign to revitalize the City Heights Urban Village including Officer Henwood Park resulted in receiving $750K from the City Budget! Our youth continue to advocate for more funding for the park.
- The return of our Artivism (arts and activism) summer program and a partnership with The AjA Project included a field trip to Los Angeles where youth learned about Japanese-American incarceration during World War II.
- Juvenile Justice team supported Senate Bill 274 which passed and will prohibit the suspension of TK through 12 students for low-level behavior issues known as “willful defiance" and keeps students in schools.
- Civic Engagement team has been informing and educating community members about Medi-Cal and how to get enrolled.
- Networking Night returned and it was a pleasure connecting and educating the community about our work in Ending Girls Incarceration and YOP.
Whatever amount you can donate is greatly appreciated! To donate please click the donation button below. Thank you for your support!