2 WAYS YOU CAN SUPPORT MONICA FOR CITY COUNCIL PRESIDENT
THURSDAY DECEMBER 10 , 2020
Join the City Council meeting live stream at 2 p.m. bit.ly/SDLivestream
Meeting starts at 2 P.M. please monitor the meeting to call in for Item 201,follow us on Twitter @midcitycan for a twitter alert for call-in
1) Call-in phone testimony:
- When Item 201 is announced, call into the meeting: 619-541-6310 | Enter access code: 877861 then press #
- When it’s your turn, say your name, and tell the City Council to vote for Councilmember Monica Montgomery Steppe as your Council President (talking points below)
- You will have a 1-minute to speak, Spanish interpretation is available upon request
2) Submit written e-comment:
- At https://www.sandiego.gov/form/agenda-comment-form
- Comments should be submitted before 2 P.M. on DEC 10
- Comment Type: City Council Comment
- Agenda Item Number: 201
SAMPLE SCRIPT FOR YOUR PHONE TESTIMONY OR E-COMMENT:
My name is ______ and I support agenda item 201 in solidarity with the Mid-City CAN Youth Council. I urge you to vote for councilmember Monica Montgomery Steppe as your Council President.
I am proud to join with community organizations, civic leaders and San Diegans of all backgrounds in calling for strong, effective leadership to guide our city council in these extraordinary times. Pick one 👇:
- Councilmember Montgomery-Steppe championed Measure B, she continued to work alongside Youth Council and San Diegans for Justice. We need a City Council president that is an advocate and champion for those who are most impacted by City Decisions.
- San Diegans deserve a city council that is committed to acting on our shared values of equity and inclusion. We need a council president with unquestionable leadership skills, vision, empathy and experience. We need a council president who can build consensus and bring people together to address the very serious and intersecting challenges facing our diverse communities.
- For too long, the City Council has allowed special interests, such as the Chamber of Commerce and the San Diego Police Officers Association, to dictate the city's business-as-usual agenda.
- Today, the San Diego City Council, which includes five new members elected on progressive platforms, will choose their council president. This new council must live up to its promises, beginning with choosing a leader who can and will represent ad work for all San Diegans.
- Councilmember Monica Montgomery Steppe is the leader who has the vision, empathy and determination needed to lead the city council in addressing critical, intersectional issues from how San Diego responds to and recovers from the COVID-19 crisis, to how we address our housing crisis, attract jobs that pay a living wage, confront climate change, and reimagine the role of police in our communities.
December 10, 2020 at 2:00pm - 5pm
Showing 4 reactions
Sign in with