The Coordinating Council is the governing body of the Mid-City Community Advocacy Network, Momentum Teams, and projects. The Coordinating Council is responsible for setting the overall strategic direction of the Collaborative. Once a year, elections are held to determine who will fill any open spots on the Coordinating Council. If you are interested in applying, please contact us.
Coordinating Council Responsibilities:
1. Set Collaborative-wide policy.
2. Establish and oversee the overall strategic direction of the Collaborative (mission, vision, and strategy).
3. Create and disband Coordinating council committees or Momentum Teams as needed.
4. Establish annual goals and overall organizational strategy.
5. Ensure adequate resources for the agency to fulfill its mission.
6. Ensure policies and programs are in alignment with mission and goals.
7. When appropriate oversee fiscal policy, financial controls and annual allocation of discretionary funds.
8. Identify and recruit volunteer leadership -Coordinating Council members.
9. Under the grievance process serve as an ad-hoc grievance committee in the event that mediation fails.
10. Select and evaluate the Collaborative Director.